Small Group F.A.Q.
At Crossroads Christian Church we desire for all to have a deeper relationship with Jesus Christ and attending a small group is a great opportunity to strengthen that relationship through connecting with His church.
Ephesians 4:15-16, “Instead, Speaking the truth in love, we will in all things grow up into him who is the Head, that is, Christ. From him the whole body, joined and held together by every supporting ligament, grows and builds itself up in love, as each part does its work.”
1) What is a Small Group?
- A Small Group is a regularly scheduled meeting of people (usually between 3-12 people) that may be held nearly anywhere; at the church, a park, coffee shop, or in the host’s home.
- The focus of each Small Group may vary, the topic of discussion may be built around a specific hobby or activity but the goal of each group is to support and build up one another while growing closer to Jesus (1Thessalonians 5:11)
- Some Bible Studies and Classes develop into a Small Group setting, as relationships begin to grow and become stronger.
- Joining a Small Group gives us the opportunity to connect with others who share our beliefs and plug into the church body.
- God did not intend for us to be alone on our walk and small groups provide fellowship during times of trial, as well as times of joy.
- Small Groups often create strong bonds and lasting relationships. Acts 2:42
- EVERYONE!!! Small Groups are perfect for those who are new to the concept of Christ and His church, as well as those who have had a relationship with Jesus for 50+ years.
- Focus of small group: Make sure the group is doing an activity or studying a topic that interests you.
- Ask yourself, is this group a good fit for me? If you are a mom with young children you may fit well with the mommy and me group. If you are a retired man, the retired men’s group may be right up your alley.
- When and Where: Are you able to attend on the days and times this group meet?
- While each group is different and has its own unique feel, you can expect them to be welcoming, and provide a relaxed environment. All small groups should strive to encourage each other and consistently shine the light of Christ.
And remember, many of our Small Groups and Bible Studies conveniently appear at on our online Calendar. Go take a look!
Adult Sunday School
-9AM, Bible Study with Dana Campbell
-10:45AM, Bible Study with Tom Bowman
-10:45AM, WOmen’s Bible Study with Amanda Thompson (ladies 15 and up)
Compassionate Friends with Mellissa Kugler
1st Sunday of every month. 2pm at the church. For parents, siblings, grandparents dealing with grief.
Men’s Tim Hortons Bible Study
Every Monday, Pastor Jeff holds this men only Small group at the comfy Tim Hortons restaurant. They meet at 1PM and have their studies with coffee at hand. Please join us!
Bible Study with Pastor Jeff, Wednesdays @ 6:30PM at the Church. All are welcomed!
“Going Deep” Women’s Bible Study with Amanda Thompson
Ladies, meet at Crossroads Christian Church @ 10am go through “The Best Yes” by Lisa Terkeurst.
Thursday Morning Retired Men Bible Studies
Go and tell all those retired men to get up off their Lazy Boy recliners and get them to come to the church on Thursday mornings @ 11AM. Pastor Jeff Greco will be leading this group of guys in various subjects of the Bible. It will be a great way to instill and exercise the wisdom that God intends our retired men to have!
Mommy & Me – “Play and Pray” Small Group
Are you a Mother? Then you’re welcome to bring your little ones to this Small Group led by Amy Adams. All are welcomed!
Every third Saturday of the month, at 8AM, our Men’s Group meets at the church and enjoys both breakfast and Bible! Come and be fed both physically and spiritually.